Friday, March 27, 2009

bye bye fa fa

fa fa is what Laila named her pacifier when she was a baby and it stuck with all of us. I made Laila give hers up cold turkey pretty much when she turned 2. Landon is 2 and a half and I did not see an end in sight. He is way attached to it and I have been having anxiety about him not getting to be the baby anymore. I kept telling myself ok today we are taking it away but when he would cry out fa fa! I gave in.

Well, yesterday during nap time I could not find a fa fa anywhere so I put him to bed without and he did just fine. I decided if he could do that he could go to bed at night without one and he did last night. This shall be the end of fa fas for my little boy. I hope I find the lost ones before he does!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh, I love when transitions start so smooothly!!! I hope it stays so simple for him to stay fa-fa free:)