Monday, June 1, 2009

Junior jog

nervously biting her nails
I like to tease Brad that he was running with the wrong girl
this was how she showed her excitement


This Saturday Laila ran her first race with Brad by her side. It was 1/4 mile starting at the Shelton Inn and finishing at the post office. She did great, stopping only momentarily to wave at her mommy. She seemed so excited and proud of herself when she was done. Each child received a Paul Bunyan book and a medal. Laila wasn't too excited that everyone got a medal. She didn't quite understand that. Anyway, I didn't get the best pics of her running because they started the race 10 minutes early so I wasn't ready and I was on my phone with Brad's mom explaining where I was. Also, my daughter is lightning fast. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

These are great pics! AND she looks like she had a great time! Go Laila!!!!