Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life update and photos



oh how I love my Lydia. She will be 4 weeks old on Wednesday and time could not be going by any faster. She is a champ eater and pooper. I had to take her to the doctor last week at 3 weeks and she weighed 9 lbs 3 ounces. She was born at 7lbs 6 ounces. That is some good growth. She is also a good crier..meaning she likes to cry. She cries when naked; so undressed, changing diaper or taking a bath. She cries when she has gas which is all the time. She cries when she needs to get that burp out which she has trouble with. She also cries(screams?) every night before falling asleep. BUT.....she is a good sleeper at night. She usually eats at 2 am and 6 am which I think is great. I know her crying won't last forever. I cherish those smiles and content moments where everything seems perfect with the world. It's amazing how you marvel at your children and every little thing they do. Even with the third, everything she does is amazing and adorable.
Landon is doing so much better with her now. He ignores her much of the time which I prefer to him trying to push her off my lap or pick her up. He likes to come up in the chair with us when I am holding her and point to her and say "It's cute" with this big grin on his face like he knows he is saying something really sweet and mommy should be so proud of him even if he refers to his sister as "it."
Adjusting to three is a lot like adjusting to two so far. However, when mommy is nursing I have two kids taking advantage of that fact, getting into stuff. I asked Brad what am I supposed to do? Landon doesn't listen when I tell him to go to time out. I have to physically put him there. So I could say, ok Landon in 15 minutes YOU ARE GOING TO TIME OUT! hahaha
Laila is done with preschool for the summer. On to Pre-k next year. This is a picture from the end of the year "show" they put on at Kneeland Park last Thursday. She did sing most of the songs but I could barely hear her because she definitely was not the most excited and outgoing. It was probably one of the cutest and funniest things I have seen in a long time. Oh and the picture only shows part of the class, there are 13 kids.

1 comment:

Jami said...

one of my friends who no longer goes to mops told me what she did while nursing when I was adjusting to two... she would get out a "craft" or "project" that the older one could do with ease and the younger would do ok with and she would strap the younger one into the booster seat while she was nursing so they were occupied. The other thing I have done at times is put on a cartoon while I need to nurse so they are busy watching and don't do something they shouldn't...