Wednesday, May 4, 2011

cycles

I have been working on getting back into running since about last july. As soon as I start to feel like I am getting stronger I start to feel that little twinge of pain in my shins. I run through the pain for about 2 weeks until I can not walk without cringing. After this stage I lay off running for a couple weeks until the pain goes away and then start back up again. This has been my life for almost a year now. It is annoying when you finally want to run and can't. Well....the last couple months have been painless up until last weekend. I started to feel that twinge in the shins and now I am running through the pain. I really don't want to have to stop yet again. I have reasearched why people get shin splints and have yet to figure out my specific problem. I have been a runner almost my whole life with a 5 year furlow in there and never had shin problems....Here's to icing and ibuprofen and hoping I break the cycle soon!!

1 comment:

Toby and Sarah Haapala said...

You're back to the blogging world! yay!