Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jays produce stand





I love love that there is a produce stand within a mile of my house. Today, like most days the kids were not napping well. Lydia has never loved sleeping so she will sleep like an hour tops most days. Instead of sitting and pouting about my "me" time being ruined I put the two youngest in the stroller, helped Laila put on her twinkle toes and headed to check out the produce stand I first discovered tuesday on my way to mops. I told Laila and Landon they could each pick something out. Lydia will eat almost anything so I knew she would like whatever mom picked. Landon has discovered a new love for watermelon. Just like I had imagined he picked that out for himself right away. Laila and I won't touch it so hopefully it won't go to waste. It is huge!! We took the long way home walking the loop around fred meyer and walmart. Landon held his watermelon proudly the whole time.




Laila didn't pick out a fresh produce item but to my dismay she did not even ask for a bag of candy they were selling inside. She opted for pumpkin seeds which everyone snacked on during our walk home.




I picked out kiwi for Brad, 4 for $1 and some apricots for me(don't remember the price on those). We bought Landon's giant watermelon, pumpkin seeds(no deal...1.99 for the bag), kiwi and aprictots for 8 dollars. I am not the best with shopping for deals but it sounds good to me! I have a feeling we will be taking lots of walks to Jay's this summer.


1 comment:

Shalisa said...

I discovered Jay's on Thursday! So excited! Not super deals across the board, but 38 cents a pound for some apples is great, and 19 cents a pound for banana bread bananas and 99 cents for 4 pounds of vidalia's...it makes the "regular" prices seem lower :) I'm jealous you can walk there. I suppose I COULD. It would make for a long day.