Wednesday, January 4, 2012

May 20th

May 20th will be Lydia's 3rd birthday as well as the day I complete my first half marathon. I have been running and off for over a year now...getting side tracked with knee swelling, shin splints, colds, stomach bugs, wanting to be lazy. I never had a goal in sight other than losing weight which is never a good enough motivator for me. I have lost 10 lbs in the last 3 months which is great for me but I still have about 40 to go to where I will feel healthy. However, clothes fitting how I want is way more important than numbers. I have always thought I weigh more than I look like I do. I blame it on my massive muscles..haha. Anyway, I have a goal now that takes daily dedication. With dieting and weight loss I had no date in mind so it didn't matter if I ate like crap for 2 weeks but with this goal I will lose ground if I decide to not run for 2 weeks. I am excited to be doing something just for me again. However, at the same time I feel like throwing up everytime I imagine myself at the starting line in May.

No comments: