Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve

Yesterday was by far my busiest of New years Eves....AND I have no pictures to show for it. Normally we will hang out with friends or family, relaxing at home and eating yummy treats. This year we were invited to hang out with the Butler clan. Their family consists of mom and dad, 5 kids who are spread about the country, 2 spouses and a grand baby. This year they were all home.

The Butlers are a busy active family so they ended up renting the aquatic center in Olympia for some swimming in the afternoon. I had all sorts of worries about taking our 3 kids swimming but eventually relented when I realized I am always wanting to go out and do more things as a family. It turned out I had nothing to worry about. The pool was the warmest pool I have ever been swimming in. It was a giant bath tub! There were life jackets and tons of toys for the kids to play with that they did not whine or freak out once. Ok Landon freaked out once when Kenan tried to take him away from me. I would have freaked out too though. Uncle Kenan always has the kids upside down. Anyway...our family had so much fun. This place even had a party room all decked out in beach theme decor. One we were all done swimming we had cake and sparkling cider.

That evening they invited us over for dinner and a bon fire. The kids lasted until about 9 where Lydia fell asleep in Tirsa's lap and Landon kept asking me every couple minutes what time it was. Brad and I went home and had some more sparkling cider and put a movie in where I fell asleep on him. We ended up getting in bed at 11:30 and I don't even care!

Today we get to see my brother and sister in law's fabulous new house in Puyallup. Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: