Sunday, April 29, 2012

weekend in Salem

                                                                     the happy parents
                     I don't think I have seen my brother look so genuinely happy...besides their wedding
                                                  Lisa(Marianne's sister), Marianne, and me
                                                            Lydia likes her Uncle Ben

Last weekend we were able to take a trip down to Salem Oregon to attend my brother and his wife's baby shower. Marianne grew up in Salem, with her parents still living there. She went to high school with Napoleon dynamite(John Heder). I believe John's dad is her father's doctor) Anyway, Ben and Marianne live in San Diego so we don't get to see them too often.  Ben works 6 days a week researching in a lab with 10 hour days and doesn't get a lot of vacation. However, they were able to get away for a few days to score some awesome gifts for their baby boy. I had so much fun catching up with them and hanging out at her parents house with her side of the family. Ben and Marianne have been waiting to be parents for a really long time. Marianne is the type of woman you look at and just know she would be an amazing mom. She is great with my kids and I just can't wait to see her and my brother with their own. We stayed the night in a hotel and were up bright and early for some swimming with the kids. Laila and Landon got snorkels and fins for easter from my parents so they were so excited to try them out. After getting ready for the day we had brunch at one of the wineries. It was a buffet and it was delicious. Everything was fresh and made in front of our eyes. My favorite was waffles with macadamia nut crunch:) num num num...I brought home a bag of their macadamia nuts to make my own. After brunch we got our shopping on at the Woodburn outlet mall. It was 80 degrees out and all my favorite stores were there. The weekend went by way too fast with all the fun. My mom and I are planning to fly out to San Diego in August after the baby is born. Can't wait!!

No comments: