Friday, August 3, 2012

Here fishy fishy

This summer, any day over over 75 degrees we have spent at my parents house on Spencer lake. My kids have always showed interest in fishing but this year was the first time they have sat for longer than 20 minutes and actually are using real bate. The last 2 days they have been catching little fish left and right. They have been catching sun fish, perch and small bass. Between Laila and Landon they caught about 30 today. Unfortunately, none of these fish are keepers. This actually works out quite perfectly for them. They are able to pull them in themselves and Laila is starting to unhook them and throw them back in herself. They get so excited each time they get one. I have had so much fun watching them fish and see their excitement over and over. Below are some pictures of our day.





Tomorrow morning Brad and I are going to wake them up bright and early(I am thinking 6 am...we'll see if I can get Brad out of bed) to go fish for bigger fish that we could keep. My dad says he has seen some really big bass under their dock but they are out in the early morning. I hope we get a big one!



No comments: