Saturday, August 11, 2012

working on my summer bucket list

I lost my summer bucket list that I made at the beginning of summer but I think I have done about half the things I wanted to do. I know one of the main things I wanted to do we are failing at. I wanted to get all 3 kids riding their bikes without training wheels. This would have required actually getting out and trying which we have not done. Here is what we have done so far off my list...

* went camping

* went swimming( kind of cheating putting this on the list since my parents live on a lake..but we have gone above and beyond I think. :) swimming almost every day above 75 degrees.

* redid the girls closet. Laila used to have all of her clothes in the closet with Lydia's in an armoire. I decided to put both girls clothes in one closet and use the armoire for their american girl stuff/ other doll stuff. This meant that we had to raise the bar and add another one. They each have a side of the closet with their shirts, sweater, jackets on top and their pants, skirts on bottom.

* today I made raspberry jam and have raspberry fruit leather in the oven right now.






I am leaving for San Diego on Wednesday to meet my nephew Finn. This will be the longest I have ever been away from my children. I am worried but know it will go all too fast anyway. Soon after I get back I will be getting ready for back to school. My parents are both teachers and will be headed back to their classrooms to get ready. I cannot believe I am sending my boy to kindergarten and my baby to preschool this year. I need to start planning what I want to get done with the last bit of summer when I get home.

No comments: