Friday, November 2, 2012

End of October

We have been busy as a family enjoying the usual fall/October festivities that lead up to Halloween.


We carved pumpkins purchased from fred meyer this year. We just couldn't squeeze in the time or money to go to the patch. Most of the fun comes anyway once you are home and get to design your own pumpkin. Somehow I usually end up doing most of the work of gutting them. However, this year I told them they had to do most of it on their own and I would help towards the end. My job was to separate the seeds. I always roast seeds for a yummy snack. This year I tried a new recipe. I usually add salt and some spice but this year I wanted them sweet so I did cinnamon and sugar.

Lydia and I ended up getting to go to Hunter Farms with her preschool class this year. Laila and Landon were pretty jealous because their school doesn't do that as a field trip. Lydia had a great time running around with her little friends and screaming when the loose chickens came towards her.


My cousin Jon, his wife Amber and son Kynan were in Olympia this week for a few days visiting Amber's grandparents. They live in Missoula, Montana so it has been awhile since we last saw them. We intended to meet at Charlies Safari but when we showed up it was closed to the public. They had some special party happening. We ended up at Chuckee cheese which probably was for the best. On a monday night, there was basically two other families. It was awesome!!


Halloween ended up much better than I thought it would. We have had pooring rain for days and it was not looking like it would change. Luckily, we had rain free trick or treating up until the last couple houses where it lightly rained on us. As you can see Landon was an army soldier, Lydia a bunny and Laila was Merida from the movie Brave. Originally, Landon was going to be spider man and Lydia was also going to be Merida. Unfortunately, we bought the costumes from costco in early September and we let them wear them around the house and Landon and Lydia just wore them out. Landon's is fixable, just coming apart at the seams. Lydia's dress is not as easily fixable. Her dress got caught on our fence and tore the first sheer layer.  Anyway, I think their costumes suit them perfectly. The kids had a great time and ended up with just enough candy to gorge themselves for a day and half and then life can go back to normal. :)


No comments: