Friday, November 8, 2013

I'm back!!

Lets try this again shall we?! Something is happening..life is changing...I can breathe again. After spending the last 9 plus years thrown into the whirlwind of wife and motherhood I feel like I am remembering "me" again. I hope that didn't come out wrong. Being a wife and mother is what I signed up for. but....the second I became a mother a flip switched. I changed. Not saying in a bad way but I definitely dove in head first and made raising babies my mission statement without writing it down. I think it is normal to kind of lose ourselves when our babies are little and they demand so much of us. I wouldn't have had it any other way. However, my baby is 4 and a half and doesn't need me every second...only every 5 minutes :) I'm starting to remember what it feels like to want to do things for me. I am remembering goals I had for myself 10 years ago and as a little girl. One of my best friends from college just posted a few pictures on facebook from when I was a freshman and sophomore in college. It's kind of amazing the timing of it all. Each of those pictures gave me a glimpse into who I was at 18 and 19. Each pictures sparked memory after memory. I am turning 30 in February. I think I am ok with it at the moment but 40 scares the crap out of me. Yet, when I turn 40 I want to remember what it felt like to be 30....I want the memories of me taking Landon to wrestling, watching Laila run her butt off, Lydia in all of her craziness, and me working on becoming who I always wanted to be. THAT is why I am blogging again. :)

Now I just need a new name and layout. Work in progress...

4 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

Good to have you back! We still need to meet up one of these days. I can't believe Lydia is 4 1/2. I bet her and Adele would be buds.

Water Buffalo said...

I saw your dad last night at the high school! He looks good but he said he was exhausted :) haha. It's good to see he is still out there coaching. I would love to meet up with you Rachel! Do you guys have plans to be around during the holidays?? thanksgiving or christmas?

Rachel and Tyler said...

I don't know when yet but we will be down there sometime. I'll try to let me know. Email me your contact info rtfordham@gmail.com we live in port townsend now- so not too far. you are always welcome up here too.

VĂ¥ren said...

So you're saying there's hope?! That my inner "me" hasn't disappeared completely and in about 10 years or so, I may find her again? 'Cause I was really starting to wonder....