Thursday, December 5, 2013

Uff da!

I am not too shy about letting people know that I am Scandinavian. I am proud of my heritage, pillaging aside. That is what helped me finally decide on a tattoo. I have always wanted one but could never decide on what or where. I think it's silly to just get one for the sake of getting one so that is why it took so long. Brad ad I turn 30 in February and March so I think tattoos are going to be our gifts to each other.  I haven't decided on the exact design or placement but it will be Thor's hammer. I know you are probably thinking, huh? Like Avengers Thor? NO no no..Yes Thor, god of thunder...but....more like this...My roommate in college bought me a necklace from Iceland with thor's hammer and I always loved it.

Vikings had thor's hammer on their armor or worn as jewelry to protect them in battle. Originally I wanted it on my foot but now am going back and forth between that and my wrist. I read that the foot is one of the most painful spots and my sister in law to be has one on her wrist that she said didn't hurt at all. I have a couple months to decide. In my research I found out that Scarlett Johansson has a tattoo of the hammer on a bracelet around her wrist. She is danish. However, on hers it says I love NY. Decisions... decisions...





No comments: