Friday, November 2, 2007

Are you kidding me??

Something interesting happened today. I was on my way to the bank(driving) with both kids in tow when someone wanted to fight me.  I was on a little back road in the Turner vicinity at a stop sign..I stopped...there was a car coming..but they were a good ways off..I pulled out...they apparently thought it was too close and decided to get right up to my bumper until the next stop sign(50 yards). I peered in my rear view mirror kinda glaring when this guy proceeded to get out of his car with arms flailing..(could not tell what he was yelling) He had a buddy with him..it was the driver who got out..so they meant business I suppose.  I of course was in shock but quickly darted out of there heart racing and all. I wonder if they realized I was a young woman with two kids in the car or who k nows maybe they didn't care. They looked like Shelton's finest....beat up car, scraggly beards...they could have been on their way to a bar( at 10 am???) or just to go grab some more beers and head home to their couch. Yes, I am annoyed but at the same time I find it a little funny that this would happen to me of all people.  I have to be honest here for a minute though...my first instinct was to open my door and give him a peice of my mind as well. Of course I would never do that with my kids..or probably even if I was alone. I get mad at Brad for break checking people so I wouldn't want to be worse than him. Now you guys are probably thinking I am nuts for even considering getting out of the car...and yes I guess I am but I have been known to stand up for myself(foolishly of course) Brad could attest for me not being able to keep my mouth closed if I am feeling threatened or someone I care about is being wronged. Yes I know it is the wrong thing to do.....but now I can't help but wonder what could have happend if I would have gotten out of the car and maybe apologized to them for "cutting"them off and wished them a good day or something...who knows...I guess it wouldn't be worth it in the back roads of Shelton. 

3 comments:

anita said...

I did that one time, not got out of my car and confronted a man...but apologized to some lady that was screaming at me about driving too fast by a school. She was right, of course, so when she came up to my window and started yelling at me, i apologized and told her she was right, i was really sorry, etc., I didn't have kids in school and hadn't realized just how close to the school I was...It didn't do any good, she just kept yelling...I think she was having a bad day.

Shalisa said...

Some guy did something similar to me in Shelton years ago...I wonder if it was the same person! I was very scared. Ryan told me I had the right to drive over him...I don't think that would hold up in a court of law...haha!

B-Handsome said...

I agree with Ryan, I say drive them over and back up to make sure you got them, you do not want them following you home and seeing where you live. it was a good thing I wasn't there I would have most likely got out, guys are stupid like that, or at least I am.