Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"You not fat anymore mommy?"

"You not fat anymore mommy?"


These were the first words Laila said to me as I arrived home from the gym Sunday morning. Boy I wish I could have said yes! I guess I should let you guys know that I told Laila before I left that I was going to the gym so I would not be fat anymore. I realize that I probably should have chosen better words, oh well. She then later made fun of me saying mommy is pretty floppy.hahaha...she loves the word floppy...she says she wants to wear floppy pants all the time..meaning leggings or sweatpants instead of jeans. Anyway, the point of my post was to not only point out how funny my daughter is but also to say that I have started working out AGAIN......and I HATE it!!!!!!! One main reason I hate it is because I have been waking up 5:15 ish to do it...my kids get up early that is why! Also, I could work out at night but don't really want to leave as soon as my husband gets home, or working out right after eating..not the best either.

Today was only day 3 but honestly I feel better already. I feel like working out in the morning gives me a burst of energy I need staying at home with two kids, I want to eat better when I have worked out and my body is sore..call me crazy but I LOVE that pain...I may complain of it but it makes me feel good that I am doing something. I realize no one wants to read about me working out daily but I am hoping to work it into blogs everyone now and then....I am hoping it will keep me going.

Also, I have been using the elyptical for 30 minutes then weights...anyone else have their toes fall asleep or go numb while on the elyptical??

6 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I have a love hate relationship with working out too. Mostly hate but I am trying to love it. I need to do it more. 5:15! thats pretty amazing! By the way- you are so not fat!

B-Handsome said...

THANK YOU RACHEL.

anita said...

I used to love working out on the elliptical (sp?) trainer. I never had my feet go numb, though.

Julia said...

HA! Your girl is so cute! Ilove the things she says! What's an elliptical?

EmilyLarsen said...

My feet used to go numb when I used the elliptical (back when I worked out regularly...). They also went numb when I roller-bladed when I was little. Weird, huh?

~C said...

my feet totally went numb on that thing...and my balance doesn't allow for me to stay on them for very long--another reason i didn't choose the gym as my mode of exercise during pregnancy. treadmills are even worse. just can't stay on them! :)

but kudos to you for working out! good luck w/it all. if i wasn't huge right now i would totally join you. i LOVE working out in the morning. have fun!

cindy