Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bummed

The last couple weeks have been Loooong and painful literally. Let me start from the beginning....November 19th(a long time ago) I had my yearly physical with my OB..everything fine except confirmation of ovarian cysts and she noticed my neck glands were swollen..I did not know that before hand...oh well, I felt fine. Then a few days later I began to notice my glands were getting more swollen and they were beginning to hurt but no other symptoms.  By last Monday I could not take it anymore..I had a headache, swollen neck and was very uncomfortable. This was also the day we lost power and realized under the house was under water  in which our hot water heater and furnace were not able to work(great!! no heat, no hot water). Brad had to go to work Monday..he made it there while others got turned around(glad my husband is determined). This left me forced to go to the doctor by myself with two kids.  They tested me for strep and did blood work testing for mono and other infections. By the way; Landon was on my lap while they drew the blood and Laila was crying her eyes out in the corner(sound fun!!?!) That night we had to stay at Brad's parents house otherwise we would have all frozen to death at home. I found out later in the day that Brad was going to have to go to Idaho Tuesday but come back Wednesday. We also were told our heat could not be fixed until Wednesday. 

Tuesday was spent with me flustered...going home and getting new clothes, crying half the time because I was in pain and feeling awful and all I wanted was to be able to be home with heat and have my husband there to comfort me. Tuesday I spent the night at my parents house as well as Wednesday. No the swelling in my neck did not go down and I was beginning to get a sore throat(well actually my tonsils hurt)

Wednesday I found out that the heat could not be fixed until Thursday so I spent the day much like Tuesday and spent the night at my parents house again.

Thursday I woke up with terrible stomach pains. I was dubbled over until my mom told me to take some tums..I thought that was rediculous that it could be indigestion but I did it anyway. It took some of the edge off almost immediately..but I was uncomfortable all day. I would desribe the feeling to be like someone is twisting my stomach, although sometimes it just feels like there is a rock lodged in there. I waited it out all day just in case I was being a baby and it was nothing. 

Friday I woke up still in pain so I went yet again to the doctor by myself with two kids(aaahhh).  I was smart to bring my stroller this time but Landon cried while they examined me. They gave me a prescription for indigestion and had me schedule an ultra sound. I called right away and the soonest was Tuesday morning. I was upset that I was going to have to wait it out even longer. I am way paranoid when it comes to health issues so I thought oh my god what if I die before that. :) 

Over the weekend the pain subsided every once in awhile..I am not sure why...I wish I knew. My swollen gland/throat issues got better at times too. 

Monday was a bad day. Last night actually I thought about going to the ER because my tonsils felt swollen and I  was having a hard time swallowing. I chugged water and thought well I am going for my ultra sound in the morning...they(doctors at the hospital) can help me with that too if I really need it. 

Today I woke up and my throat felt a little better...I was feeling optimistic because my stomach didn't hurt at all...great!! now I am going to this ultra sound for no reason. Well I went and they couldn't tell me anything but said I would probably get the results early tomorrow. I am glad I went because the pain is now back and is as bad as it has been.  I hope I get some answers soon!

I know I must sound pitiful but I am just really bummed because I feel like I have been missing out on all the Christmasy things I usually do around this time of year. Hopefully I will have something cheery to post soon!

2 comments:

Shalisa said...

I'm sorry to hear things have not been going well for you lately. I'm praying for your health and that you start feeling tip top soon.

Just so you know, if you EVER need to drop your kids at my house, feel free. Or I can drive over to your place and watch them too. I know what it's like to take just 1 to the doctor with me, and I know what it's like to have that 1 be hysterical...so I can't imagine 2 is any more fun :) I'm usually around. :)

Julia said...

Oh MY! Poor Liz. I'm praying for you to be well. Yuck.