Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve has always been more of a big deal on my parents side of the family. We are Scandinavian so we have traditional Swedish meatballs, Lefse, pickled herring, and sometimes even Ludefisk. If you don't know what lefse is you are missing out. It is kind of like a tortilla but better and we eat it with butter and brown sugar. My mom says Norwegians use brown sugar(dad's side) and Swedes eat it with white sugar(mom's side) I eat it with brown sugar usually...I really do have have more Norwegian blood...makes sense??

Laila and Landon opened their new pj's(pretty typical) and received a couple gifts from my parents including their new kitchen which we could not pry Landon away from all night or the next morning really. Funny thing to note: Landon wanted to open his present with his mouth...what a man!!...or animal??






ohhhh lefse
right before he chomped down
wanting to see what she got
the fridge~his favorite(the most manly part of a kitchen right?)

my new babysitter

No comments: