Thursday, August 14, 2008

note to self

Liz,

I know you are feeling very sorry for yourself right now; thinking about all the things you want. Get off the computer and enjoy what you do have. You have a husband who loves you for everything you are(which is awesome) and everything you aren't. You have two of the most beautiful children whom you are LUCKY to have to listen to scream and pick up all their messes. You have a roof over your head which you don't have to worry about it crashing down or not being able to pay for next month. You have TWO families which are easy to love and fun to be around. You always have enough food for your family. You are healthier than most, get over the small stuff. You have many friends who you could talk to anytime because they have probably felt the same. You have a deep desire to have a relationship with Jesus. Most importantly you have been saved.

me

3 comments:

Sarah H. said...

I hope you're feeling better. That is a great picture.

B-Handsome said...

I love you Elizabeth. And I will pray for you even more.

anita said...

When my kids were small, I thought the day would never come when they were grown up. I thought that staying home with them all day was the hardest thing I would ever do. I complained a lot about all the little things...diapers, laundry, cooking, cleaning, running them to this lesson or that game. Then they grew up. And life is much, much harder. And I wish that they were little and I could do it all over again. Because I would slow my life down and I would play with them more and I would enjoy my life more and I would relish every moment of every day with them. When things don't turn out the way you envision it will as a parent, and your heart gets broken into a million pieces and you don't get to see your child unless someone else says it's okay, and it's all on their schedule, and you can't pick up a phone and call him or give him a hug when you want, and you spend every moment of every day worrying about whether he will survive another day, then all those things you complain about when they are little are put into perspective and you wish that you could go back and do it all over again. Enjoy your beautiful children and the blessing that your life is and never, ever, ever take it for granted. Because even though you may think it's the hardest thing in the world, sometimes it isn't.