Thursday, August 21, 2008

My first sewing project

Today I used a sewing machine for the first time EVER! My mom and I made Landon a pair of jammy pants. My mom guided me through each step and it took about 2 hours. Luckily, everything went smoothly. I think this was a fairly easy thing to start out with. Monday I am planning on making Laila a gown. So far I feel like this is something I could get into.





Laila was very proud of her mommy...she is holding up the pants for me
monkey pants for my monkey
I had to add a picture of my exhausted little boy napping today
pure joy!

5 comments:

Julia said...

They're Fantastic!! I think I need monkey jammies for me :)

Water Buffalo said...

Thanks. I was thinking Brad may need monkey jammies..haha

Jami said...

That's great for your first project. So much better than my first project on the sewing machine.... I think its still in a pile of fabric somewhere at my mom's house. :)

anita said...

good job liz! i made mckenzie the cutest nightgown a couple weeks ago out of a pillow case i bought at goodwill. It cost me a whopping 50 cents! and it was super easy. here's a link to the directions if you want to try: http://annamariahorner.com/pillowcase.dress.by.annamaria.pdf

B-Handsome said...

Thanks Anita! I think I may have to try that too.