Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our new thing

Soo I have mentioned in previous posts how my mom and I love shopping together. Ok so it's not just the shopping it's the spending money, buying cute unnecessary things. It's a problem..seriously. Anyway, we have decided that we are out of control and need something else to do together. Luckily, there is something I have always wanted to learn how to do and it just so happens my mom knows how. SEWING!! My mom used to make my clothes as a young child, doll clothes, curtains, pillows, you name it. I wouldn't say she does a professional quality job but good enough that it shouldn't fall apart after a wash.

I know I am way behind on times here. I know practically everyone else makes amazing things already. However, I am tired of drooling and wishing. I don't have a sewing machine or anything yet. Like most hobbies go, this could be a wash and not last long for me so I will wait and see how it goes before spending money on my own stuff.

Today my mom and I went to Joann's and I bought a couple patterns and some flannel. We are going to make some monkey pj bottoms for Landon and a couple gowns for Laila. I'll post pictures when finished.

2 comments:

Julia said...

(of course)I am so excited! I can hardly wait to see your first finished projects! (I don't think my mom & I have ever sewn together.)

~C said...

go you! you'll have fun. :)