Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Daddy's girl


Of course Laila has always loved her daddy. It is just that lately, with her increased vocabulary and maturity she has been able to show it in lots of different ways. Here are some examples; 

*Most mornings Laila will ask her daddy to hug and kiss her multiple times before he can leave

*She has stood in front of the doorway so he can't leave

* As soon as he leaves Laila will look at me and say, "daddy went to work?"then a couple hours later she will say, "where is daddy?" I say "at work dear" and then wherever we are she will reply that he needs to be there. For example today we were on our way to the grocery store and our convo went like this....Laila~ where's daddy?
                                        me~ at work
                                        Laila~ he needs to be in the car with us right now. 
* Whenever something in the house breaks..big thing or small..Laila automatically will say...
"daddy will fix it" (awww so cute)

* A few minutes ago Laila was coloring a picture and I asked her if she would make me one. Her immediate response was "ok..but you have to share it with daddy" :) 

I think it is great when daughters are able to look up to their dads. Also, Laila is at such an age where she can say the cutest things, as well as not so cute..but I won't share those:) 

4 comments:

anita said...

She is SO cute!

Jami said...

Its a wonderful and challanging age all at once. Its so fun to hear what they are going to say next.

Julia said...

What a precious thing! I's been all about Dad at our house for years and I love it. (I think the not cute things to say are cute)

Rachel and Tyler said...

So cute- i wish I could see her more often, Im so excited for when our kids can play together!!!