Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Name names names

One of the best parts of being pregnant is thinking of a name for the new baby. I have been thinking ever since we decided to try for another. I can't usually make any kind of decision until I find out the sex. Narrowing it down helps me a lot. Anyway, I am still thinking...but nothing feels like the one yet. People keep asking if it will be another L name. We don't know. If we really like a name we won't ignore it because it doesn't start with L. These are my thoughts so far......

BOY:

I really like the name Finnley. We would call him Finn. I guess I shouldn't say we because Brad really doesn't like this name at all. However, I can definitely picture a little Finn Hanson running around.

The only name Brad has come up with is Wade....I vetoed it before he could say another word about it..ick! sorry dear. Like I told him, I picture a 40 year old man in khaki shorts and penny loafers, hitting on younger woman and likes to drink too many beers.

So I thought of L's...the only boy name I like that starts with L is Lucas. However, it's not feeling right.

GIRL: I always seem to have a list of girl names. The first two are my favorites.

Tove(was on our list before we knew landon was a boy)....it's pronounced Tova if you didn't know.

Avanlee( I made this name up, I think. I have never heard it anywhere or see it in books or websites..but I love it...Brad isn't sold though)it's pronounced a van lee

Tessa, Skylar, Ashlynn

L names have been vetoed by Brad but I thought of Lydia and Lacey(my middle name)

Let me know what ya think? We won't obviously base our choice off of others though. Noone in my family liked Laila before she was born...now they do!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I didn't know a Wade I would think the same way. That being said I'm not a huge fan of it for my children.

Lucas is a good name we were going to name Nolan that. Until we held him after birth.

Tova is different where is it from.

names are fun

Shalisa said...

You are having a lot of fun being pregnant again! Yeah!

I like names. Of course Annora wasn't named until after we had named her "baby girl". Ha! And Madeleine was named before we knew we were having children.

Avanlea. Pretty. Did you like Anne of Green Gables? Because this is what I think of when I hear that. Different spelling, Avonlea. Maybe yours is with a hard A.

I like Finn a lot. Ryan wasn't a fan cause he thought it was girly. But to be fair, the only Finley I knew was a girl...so maybe he's right. I still like Finn though. How about Finnegan. Maybe Brad would like that for the long version.

Water Buffalo said...

Tove is Norwegian as am I.

I have never actually seen Anne of Green Gables...but I have heard of that and I guess they are similar sounding. the a in Avanlee is like apple. Is that a hard a? I don't know. :)

I agree that Finnley sounds like it could be a girl name..but Finn doesn't sound girly at all to me.

We'll see:)