Friday, May 1, 2009

The count down is on

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. She checked me and I am sad to say nothing is happening...yet. Not that it really means much since some people are dilated for weeks before labor. I was a little surprised though because I have been having lots of contractions and was actually contracting the entire time she was examining me so that she was never able to estimate a size or really get a good idea of her positioning. Head down is all I know which is a good thing:) I predict at 39 weeks when I go in she will strip my membranes and I will be good to go within 12 hours of that. This is how Laila and Landon both arrived. However, I think Lydia might want to mix things up a bit and make it interesting.

Depending on my mood comments about me and my pregnancy can either totally piss me off or just make me laugh. I have had some interesting comments from people mostly about how I look ready to go. Last night was no different but maybe more amusing. I was at Safeway buying a container of pineapple before heading to a friends house. I have heard some people say it helps ripen the cervix so why not. When I was checking out HE held up the container of pineapple and said, " oh is this like your last meal?" All I could say was hopefully...yeah she should be here soon. I think I might miss hearing stupid comments. I guess I will still get people asking me if I curl my children's hair.

2 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

you are so close!!!

Sarah H. said...

I can't wait to meet her!