Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quick shopping trip

This morning Lydia and I dropped Laila and Landon off at school and headed to Olympia. I wanted to check out the new TJ Maxx that opened in Olympia. I had never been to one but have heard a lot of great things. The store didn't open until 9:30 so Lydia and I went over to Target basically across the street to waste some time. I could waste hours in Target but we only needed a half hour today. I needed to pick up 3 more 8x10's for the kids' school pictures this year. I also have been wanting to find some cute shoe size boxes to put all of our dvds in. I am tired of all the plastic cases that take up too much room and never have the right dvds in them anyway. I am going to buy some paper dvd sleeves and put them all in alphabetical order. I am not super excited about the ones I bought today but they were a good price and do the trick.

They are clear with black floral print. Hard to see with bad pictures taken from my phone.


After Target we went to TJ maxx. I found some cute clothes for the kids but nothing they needed. I didn't realize it was such a small store. There weren't as many options as I was envisioning. It reminded me of Ross actually. I ended up only buying Lydia a cute shirt with ballerinas on it that she "had to have." We had about an hour left at this point until we needed to head back to get Landon from school. We went over to petco and got Laila a new glo fish and some fish food. The kids got a really awesome fish tank last christmas and each got their own fish. Laila's died not too long after we first brought them home. She was upset when hers died but not enough so that we never replaced it. I think she will be excited when she comes home from school this afternoon. Petco didn't take very long so we went to Barnes and noble right next door. I love to stop there and look at all of their childrens books. I especially like to go there during different seasons and holidays. Today I wanted to try and find a fun new halloween book. There were so many to choose from but Lydia and I decided on The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything

I think this will be a fun one. I am excited to read it to the kids before bed tonight. Last year my mom bought them Room on the broom.

This is actually one of my favorite books to read to them. I highly recommend this one for all ages.


We were about to check out and this caught my eye

We have a few fall decorations but nothing for Halloween. I am not into goblin, vampire, mummy, etc. decor so I loved how simple and cute this is. I think it works well in a home with young children. :)

Since we were at Barnes and Noble Lydia and I just had to get something from Starbucks for the drive back. Lydia had cocoa which she dumped all over herself on the way home. Yay for wearing brown pants! I had my very first ever pumpkin spice latte. I needed to taste for myself what all the hype is about. I thought it was pretty good but nothing that my hubby has to worry about us going broke for.


No comments: