Monday, October 15, 2012

Wet weekend

I have had a yucky cold since last Thursday so the only time I got out of the house this weekend was for Laila's soccer game. The rain has finally hit so it was a wet one. The girls finally got a taste for what real soccer is about here in Washington. We had been spoiled with such an amazing beginning to fall. The girls won 3-2. It is amazing how much each girl has improved since the beginning of the season just a month ago.

It was our turn to bring snack for after the game. I let Laila have a little fun after school on friday putting stickers on the girls snack bags.

Laila playing goalie. She loves it. However, she needs to work on being more aggressive. She let one get by her because she didn't want to get down in the mud. I "nicely" yelled to her that she can't be afraid to get a little dirty. The next play she was on the ground:)

check out the dirty legs..haha

Landon had it made in the pop up tent fully enclosed. Meanwhile Lydia is dancing in the rain being her crazy self.

A ball from the game next to ours went on the field and Brad quickly went out to grab it and ended up flat on his back:) I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did because not two minutes later I was talking to a parent and walking backwards and tripped over Lydia who was playing behind me. I didn't fall flat on my back but I had a wet butt the rest of the game.

I love watching my girl play. I am starting to worry though that I am becoming one of THOSE parents. Ya know the kind that stands up the whole game....can't keep her mouth shut....?? yikes.






No comments: