Thursday, January 23, 2014

Scary mommy moment No. 1345

      I took Laila into the pac lab first thing this morning for a fasting blood test. In december she started not feeling well. It all started when she fainted at school and ever since has been complaining of headaches and shakiness. Last week she had some testing done which all came back normal. They decided on a fasting blood test just to be sure. I think they were worried about her blood sugar based on symptoms. This was also one of my main concerns.

      Laila has never been the best with anything medical or pain. She has had to be restrained at doctors offices before for shots. I had Landon and Lydia with me this morning as well as Maddie, a friend of the family that I watch in the mornings and drop off at school with my kids. I didn't want to make Laila more tense by bringing everyone back with her so we waited in the waiting room while they took her back. We could hear Laila cry a little and then 30 seconds later it was quiet. I had just started to think phew we did it when one of the techs flung the door open and says something like "come back please, Laila just went out" As soon as I walk into the room I see my girl looking the weirdness shade of green I have seen a person look and she was shaking. I sit down in the chair next to her fast enough to see her eyes close again and I catch her as she passes out again. She kept saying "what happened"  and "I feel weird". My poor girl. I did my best at calming her down because she seemed so freaked out she was holding her breath. They gave her some juice and I watched as her color started coming back to a normal shade.

     After about 20 minutes we all had her laughing and I gave her a piggy back ride out to the car. I went by mcdonalds for a large OJ and a breakfast sandwhich hoping once she ate she would be ok for school. I told her if she wasn't 100 % I didn't want her going. She ended up being ok but I have been pretty much a mess all day worrying about her. I called the doctor to let them know what happened and they told me they would get back to me. I really hope today was just a bad case of nerves and not eating. I have heard there are people who just can't take needles. I am hoping that is the case. *sigh* who knew a person could be so wiped out just a couple hours into the day?

No comments: