Monday, March 10, 2014

I got my tattoo

Yesterday was one of the biggest days of my life!! Not quite as big as my wedding or the births of my children but probably next in line. I wish I could lay it all out there. Soon...I can talk all day about my tattoo though. I am not going to pretend like things went off without a hitch and that I am a total badass! (unfortunately) I had been a nervous wreck from the time I woke up in the morning and I think that took a major toll on me. First on the agenda was the event I can't talk about. I will say that it went amazingly and once that part of the day over I could breathe easy for a few minutes. Brad and I both got tatoos but I decided I had to go first and get it over with. I knew it would make it worse sitting there waiting.

We walked into the shop about 15 minutes early and I immediately began to sweat. We were the only ones there with appointments and Oz was all ready for us. My adrenaline was pumping in full force for a good 15 minutes before he even touched me with a needle..prepping the outline that they put on your body first and tattoo over. My fears were mostly of the unknown and wondering if I could handle that kind of pain for an hour. I went into this thinking I was going to be able to lay on a table and just zone out and pretend I was getting a massage...hahaha. Unfortunately, picture this...straddling a chair and bending over the front of it with your feet not able to be completely flat on the ground. It was not comfy whatsoever and then because I was so nervous I forgot to breathe. The initial pain wasn't even that bad but it was worse than I imagined. I think that I was so wound up and waiting for it to hurt worse that I wasn't breathing like I should have been. After about 10 minutes I looked over to Brad and told him I was going to pass out. I felt like all the blood had left my head and I was sweating buckets. Oz was super nice about it and told me to take my time and remember to breathe. Once the color came back to my face we continued and it went smoothly. The worst parts were the beginning outline of the hammer where it really did feel like he was dragging a knife across my back and shading right on my spine. It took just just under an hour. My friendly advice for people who are thinking of getting a tattoo are as follows; don't tattoo your spine, breathe as normal as possible, and don't tattoo your spine:)  I love my tattoo. I think Oz does amazing work and I would do it again if I ever found something I wanted enough.


Brad's tattoo took twice as long as mine. His had way more intricate lines. I always like watching Brad get tattooed. I think its entertaining to watch someone try and be unaffected. I could tell exactly when he was in pain though. Brad's eyes would get wide and he wouldn't blink. Here is Brad's





No comments: