Saturday, March 29, 2014

I really have a sister

Remember when I wrote about the day I got a tattoo and what an eventful day it was for me and I couldn't say why...well now I can. I met my 37 year old half sister, Tamara the same day I got my first tattoo.

I have known my whole life that I had a sister out in the world. However, I never thought I would get the chance to meet her. I won't go into all the details of why but I will say that she is my dad's daughter. My dad was only married to her mom for a very short time right before he met my mom. Tammy's mom met someone else right away and she "forced" my dad to give up his rights to her. He did and never saw her or talked to her again until weeks ago. If facebook been around 20 years ago I might have gotten the chance to know her then. However, I know this is how it was supposed to be. Everything has gone so smoothly so far.

I also have another nephew. His name is Jax and he is the same age as Lydia.

This is us meeting for the first time. We met for lunch at red robin in Tacoma before I got my tattoo. She got our dad's height. She is 5'10". She is slouching:)

Tammy's son Jax is pretty tall too! She told me his dad is 6'6"


The next two pictures are from 2 weeks ago when she came to Laila's soccer game.


We are still getting to know each other but we are emailing back and forth quite a bit. I think I am still in shock that my sister is in my life after all these years. I'm lucky she lives close enough that we can get together and my kids will get to know their cousin Jax.

No comments: