Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of school




Today was Laila's first day of pre-school. We showed up a little early in case Laila had any problems. We got out of the car and she immediately grabbed a chunk of my pants in her hand and held on from the car into the classroom. She wasn't wanting to talk once we got in but she quickly started playing with Hannah. I quickly said goodbye and was on my way....she barely agknowledged me leave, which was encouraging.

Picking up Laila wasn't quite as smooth as droppping her off. Once Laila saw me come in she immediately ran over to me, I think she was excited to tell me about her first day. Unfortunately, I had to tell her to go sit back down because she had not been dismissed yet. They are very careful about dismissing each child one by one to their parents to make sure noone slips by. This upset Laila and she started to cry. Luckily, Julia was able to explain to her the rules and she was fine. On our drive to McDonalds for lunch she told me everything they did and how much fun she had. She told me that not all the kids listened to the teacher but that she did. I am not sure about that one:)












2 comments:

B-Handsome said...

I am so bummed I didnt get to take you or do something special for you. Laila I love you so much you are daddys little angel. You are growing up way to fast and its scares. I dont know if i can handle you growing up so quickly. I pray for you nightly and miss you so much.

Julia said...

She did listen to the teacher!!(and it's hard to listen to the teacher sometimes)
Good job Laila!