Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a random thought by Laila

Laila is always thinking and she likes to tell me pretty much everything that pops in her head which sometimes I love and sometimes I could really do without. Anyway, this morning on our way to school :) Laila goes, "we are small mom"....I think I just kinda went ummm??? She went on to say "God must have really big eyes to be able to see us all." haha. I love it when she thinks about God/Jesus and says things where I can explain the truth. Although, it is very difficult to explain the concept of Heaven to a 4 year old. Also, that God is everywhere we are and knows every move we make and thought we have. Everytime I attempt to explain this the lyrics to the song about Santa comes into my head..."he knows when you are sleeping..he knows when you're awake." However, we all know there is no comparison between God and Santa. I'ts unfortunate I feel like I have to say that on my blog so people don't start rumoring that I tell my kids that God is like Santa.

2 comments:

.justin said...

wait... GOD isn't Santa?!

Julia said...

HA! We sang "my god is so big" and "He's got the whole world in his hands" in class today! I'm sure that helped. :)