Sunday, September 21, 2008

the perfect wedding present..according to Laila

This afternoon my brother in law Derek called to talk to Brad and we briefly discussed Alyssa's(his fiance) shower next weekend and how Laila would be coming with. When I got off the phone Laila asked where she was going. I explained that we were going to a bridal shower for Alyssa because once her and Uncle Derek get married they are going to need a lot of stuff for their house. I asked Laila what she thought we should get them.....she thought for a moment before she blurted out.."I know..nails. " I dont know why but my first thought was that she meant fake finger nails. So I was like what? nails? Laila matter of factly responded by saying..."yeah mom..nails to keep their house from falling apart." Isn't she thoughtful?? :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

That is funny! AND clever.

BigD said...

Well I personally really hope we don't need nails to keep our house from falling apart!