Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I know I can do it!

     With two weeks left until the Capital City half marathon I decided I better run 13 at least once beforehand. Sunday morning I was up at 6:30 and out the door by 6:45. It took about 2 hours and 10 minutes. I am not gonna lie, it was hard. I had run 9 miles many times and 11 miles once. I knew I could do 13 even if I was barely moving by the end. I am happy to say I think I finished decently. I wasn't crawling the last mile, even if I wanted to. It is amazing how mental running is. I think the hardest part about doing the long runs is being alone on the road with no one motivating me but myself. I get bored too and start thinking about what I am going to eat when I get home. I have to try and think of other things though because once I start thinking about what I am going to do next all I want to do is be done and that can ruin a run fast when you still have 5 miles to go.
      I really have no goal time in mind for this race. I really just want to run it all and feel good at the end. My biggest worry is about staying focused when there is no headphones allowed. I need to figure out a way to stay in the zone without looking all around me and getting distracted. Ideally I would love it if Brad and the kids could follow me around and cheer for me, but I don't think Brad wants to hang around with all 3 kids for 2 hours. I am going to try and get him to come a little later and hang out around mile 10. I think that is when I will need a big push.
       Sunday was such a beautiful day. After my run and a nice long bath, my mom, the girls and I went to Olympia. I managed to have Lydia try out bikes at toysrus and bring one home without her noticing it in the back seat in a box. That is her birthday present this year. She turns 3 on the day of my race. After shopping for Lydia we went to the bark and garden center. This is one of my favorite places to browse. I love looking at plants and flowers. Brad made me a raised garden bed for mothers day so once we get the dirt I will be making a trip back there.


this is Lydia and Laila getting pushed on their big carts.

No comments: