Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day!

My parents stopped by our house at 6:30 this morning to drop off special May day surprises for the kids. They intended to just leave them on the door step but I was in the living room drinking coffee after my morning run when I saw them pull up. I let them know they kids were awake so I shut the door and let them ring the bell, even though Brad was still fast asleep.

The tradition on May 1st is to ring your neighbors or friends doorbells and run, leaving flowers outside their door. My mom didn't think the kids would appreciate flowers so candy it was! My kids have been having way too much candy lately, it seems to be everywhere and given to them at school, church, everywhere...no wonder Laila has to get her first filling. Yes, Laila has her first cavity already. Luckily, it is a back tooth and it is a baby one so we are doing the cheaper silver filling. I am pretty bummed that she has one at 7. I have had only one filling and it was last year at the age of 27! My kids are all really great at brushing and they have always taken fluoride....sooo I am blaming it on the candy.

2 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

Hello!!! When are we going to meet up so I can see your cute kids in person?!!!

Water Buffalo said...

seriously...before you end up moving:( what is your weeks look like schedule wise? what days are good for you..email me belhanson@gmail.com