Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Princess Laila

Ten years ago our church started something called princess in training. It is for girls from 7-12 years old. The goal is pretty simple, teach these young girls how to be princesses of God. This is a 6 week course, one day a week for 2 hours. On Wednesday night Laila was given a notebook which had scripture they want them to memorize and all of the things they covered that night that they want them to think over and practice for the week. She was also given a pot of pansies to care for and bring back on the last night to decorate the table with for the mother daughter tea. Laila really loved being treated like a princess, they refer to the girls by princess and then their name and they each have their own crown they wear. However, she didn't like having to learn table manners. She thinks it is too hard. I guess I am going to have to set a better example for her from now on. I wanted this to be something special for Laila. Now that she is getting older I am starting to realize that she is going to become a little lady, not stay my little baby girl forever.

After I picked Laila up we went to dairy queen for icecream. I was eager to hear about everything and wanted her to have my undivided attention which can be hard at home sometimes.




this is us at Dq. for some reason I can't get it to turn. Laila kept closing her eyes so then she opened them wide and I gave up:)

No comments: