Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They meet


I introduced Landon to the potty today. I said this is a potty, you can sit on it if you want. He sat down and said poo pooo half a dozen times. I guess he does understand the concept. However, understanding and being ready are two different things.

I stressed a lot with potty training Laila. She was not fully there until just after her 3rd birthday. I plan on being as relaxed as I can with Landon. I had not planned on trying at all with Landon until he turned 2 or until he started talking about going pee and poo. I still don't plan on "training" him until then. For now I am just going to let him sit on it and do what he wants with it. If he just so happens to want to pull his pants down and go potty, so be it. I kind of think that unless he is able to pull his pants down himself and go when he wants, it would really be him training me to know his schedule rather than me training him to be independent and what I consider potty trained. Does that make sense? Right now he is pushing it around the house with his blanket on top. When he starts using it, he definitely won't be allowed to do that.

1 comment:

Rachel and Tyler said...

Ugh- Potty Training! We went through that in January and it was definently not one of my favorite things.