Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Reasons to love fall

I have been feeling kinda blue lately so I decided to make a list of all the wonderful things about fall. I love writing lists and it helped a little... I didn't know I could come up with so much. 

* Orange and Red; really only pretty in hair:) and the gorgeous fall leaves-I need to make a pile to throw my kids in and take some pics. 

* I love the sunny days(yes I know there haven't been a lot this year) with the crisp cold air. 

* Tis the season for Caramel apples~I made some yesterday..yum!!

* The anticipation for the coming holidays~Thanksgiving and Christmas

* Halloween Candy~there is so much in the stores you pretty much have to have it, therefore, no guilt(well not as much)

* I get to dress my kids up as silly as I want for Halloween~ I have been planning on having my kids be Mickey and Minney since I found out I was having a boy..I know it's sad! I am not really even that big of a fan..just thought it would be a cute pair!

* I get to wear all my LONG SLEEVE TEES(name that tv show and/or episode) and sweaters

* taking baths~they are so much better when it's cold outside 

* Hot drinks;coffee, tea, cider, cocoa~ I drink decaf at night just to have something warm

* Pumpkin Patch~loved going as a kid, fun now with my kids~going this weekend(please no rain)

* I love the whole ambiance in our house with lit candles in the evenings because it is now darker earlier 

~~~~~~~~~INTERUPTING THIS POST TO SAY MY DAUGHTER JUST TRIED TO KILL HER BROTHER......He was laying on the ground and she put a blanket over his body and layed on top of him..oh great!! he is fine now.....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* I love being able to turn the heat on in the car and house when I am cold. The feeling of relief and relaxation as the last goose-bump disappears.

* The new episodes for tv shows I watch~prison break, the office

* small group starting up again

* learning to cook again, I don't really cook much in the summer-mostly bbq

* This fall all of my friends are pregnant~ I know someone due every month from November until April...yay babies!!!

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

I absolutely adore the autumn season as well, Liz. I think it's my favorite time of year, the harvest time, even though no one I know is actually "harvesting" anything :) I think I've told Ryan, "I love fall and the harvest season" about 10 gagillion times.

I'm sorry you're feeling blue. Sometimes I do to. And then something changes. Maybe the wind. Who knows :)

I haven't seen you in forever...can we do something soon? I called you to go to McDonald's last week but you weren't there. Maybe we can take the kids for a walk - I got my second seat for my stroller, maybe I could steal Landon...or McD's if it's raining. Maddie pretty much can just do the small slide there (we went this past weekend for something fun in the rain)but she still had plenty of fun and didn't want to leave. I need to get to Kids Castle sometime soon too, so if you want to go there I'm up for that.