Wednesday, October 24, 2007

why go to sleep?


He may look all sweet and innocent(ok so he really is) but he sure made his mommy and daddy upset last night. This picture was taken about 30 minutes before all hell(don't know how else to put it) broke loose. Landon had a little runny nose the last couple days but was acting normal and seemed just fine so I thought it was just due to teething. Guess not! He started getting cranky around 6:30 so I decided maybe he just needed to go to bed early because he in fact had a short nap during the day. He was gone easily a little after 7. I was looking forward to relaxing but unfortunately that did not happen. Landon woke up screaming and I thought ok he just needs his fa fa(pacifier) but he was not letting up at all so I brought him out to rock him. The next 4 hours were spent walking the house, rocking, watching happy feet and the Lion King while Landon cried most of the time..stopping for moments in between to yawn. I should not leave out that when he cried he sounded like a seal barking. I don't think I have seen a little boy so sick before..he sounded awful and he wouldn't take his pacifier because he couldn't breathe. I don't know how it got bad so fast..he seemed fine when he first fell asleep. Eventually he was soo exhausted he cried himself to sleep, mouth wide open. However, I was afraid to put him in bed because he seemed like he really wanted to be snuggled and I was afraid he would just wake up again. Then of course I couldn't fall asleep because I felt like he was going to just wake up any minute anyway and we would start the whole thing over again.

He seemed a lot better today. He has a pretty runny nose and a little cough but he acted like his normal self. I put him to bed again early tonight and he went easily and then woke up 3o minutes later and I almost cried....luckily it wasn't too painful and he is in his crib as I type...hope it lasts.....wish me luck

2 comments:

anita said...

oh, this reminds me of the week i had last week with isabella...nonstop crying, runny nose, sneezing...all week long. i do wish you luck!

Shalisa said...

Our kids must have been infected by the same virus! This weekend I had a night like that with Maddie! It was crazy, and I thought she was just teething...and now I have a cold. Hope I don't wake up tonight and start bawling my eyes out and screaming :)