Wednesday, October 3, 2007

wow!

My daughter has taught me a valuable lesson recently. I need to follow through with things that I say I am going to do or I need to choose my words more carefully. My usual response for Laila when she asks to do something or wants something is "soon Laila". I think that I usually intend to do what I say will be done "soon" but Laila's latest reactions seem to prove otherwise. Now when I tell her something like daddy will be coming home soon, she will get upset and say noooo, today!! I have confused my daughter and she apparently has no idea that soon is normally a good thing. Lately I have been saying daddy will be home later..or if appropriate..any minute. It's hard teaching little ones the concept of time. 

3 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I totally agree about the time thing especially since time seems to go slower for kids. Remember how long driving somewhere took as a kid, or waiting til Christmas etc. And now time flies by so fast- except when you are sick. Glad you are feeling better!

kristi said...

i'm glad you're going through all of this first! then by the time judah is that age you will be a expert and help me out! :)

Jami said...

Isn't it amazing all the things your children teach you as your trying to teach them. :)