Saturday, October 20, 2007

update



Yesterday was a funfilled day for me. Brad took the day off and sent me down to Lafactor for 4 hours of pampering. I got to soak in a tub, had a massage and then a manicure and pedicure. It was actually kind of strange being forced to relax and have that many hours of peace and quiet. I did feel great afterwards though. Thank you Brad! 


sooo are date was awesome. I should clarify when I said I was primping I was putting on a little more makeup than usual..not much else because we had a pretty casual date(the best kind). First, we went to Red Robin for dinner, which is pretty much the best. I kind of wanted to try something new but the weather was awful and didn't want to drive around in the pooring rain looking for something new...so if anyone has any ideas for next time..let me know! I do know their are other places..maybe we are just lame:)  After dinner we went to the new Glow Golf in the mall where Mervyns used to be.  It's all dark with black lights and everything glows in the dark, hence glow golf. We had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, Brad beat me by 1 point. I suggest everyone go and do this as a date. There were a lot of lil high school couples playing which made me feel like we were 18 again out on a date. Especially afterwards when we strolled the mall for a half hour holding hands:) I remembered that I was the mom of two little ones and not 18 and in high school anymore when we couldn't figure out what to do next. We ended up going to rent a movie, Evan almighty(funny movie by the way)...stopping at Dairy queen and ending our date with the movie. We had a great night. We laughed at ourselves a lot which I think we both needed! Dates are great! :)

Xavier:

Xavier is doing great so far. He hardly ever barks, just "talks" and howls occasionally. We let him in the house for awhile today while the kids were still gone and again he did great. I thought he would be jumping all over everything but he didn't. He was pretty calm and even better he has started to listen to me a little. The first day he wouldn't at all. He will sit now and shake. So far so good..I hope things continue to go well. Dog and Cat have yet to meet! 

5 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I am so glad you went on a date. Isn't it weird how we don't feel that different then when we were eighteen. I always thought I would feel different as a parent. I guess it happens so slowly you dont realize it. I am glad you went on a date. maybe if we ever move back we can babysit for each other and go on more date nights. Anyway- glad you had fun and I hope you get out as often as possible.

kristi said...

so funny...we went on a date this afternoon and guess what we did??? glow golf and then red robin! we must have good taste. :)

Water Buffalo said...

soo funny...I guess we aren't as lame as I thought

anita said...

Hmm, we too went on a date today! Costco (ha!) and a movie...Into the Wild, which by the way, I highly recommend, even though it is almost 3 hours long.

.justin said...

the title of your post is "upDATE".

and it was about your DATE.


...


neat.


...



i guess i am pretty lame after all!

HA!