Thursday, March 20, 2008

Enough is enough

ok I am always tired, always sick, gaining weight, feeling sorry for myself.....It's about time I make some changes. I really do know what I have to do...I am going to set some goals for MYSELF. I need an overhaul. Because today is thursday I am going to update my goals every thursday so I can see how I am doing and be honest with myself(and I guess those who read) on how I am caring for me. 

one of my biggest flaws is my diet. I eat terrible, if I eat. I usually have a good breakfast honestly and then the rest of the day goes to hell. I don't really have "lunch". I feed the kids and put them down for naps and then kind of eat whatever is around...like...cake? so this is what I am aiming for.....

* 1)some kind of fruit for breakfast and lunch. 
   2) a vegetable with lunch and dinner
   3) to actually have a lunch example: sandwhich, fruit and vegetable
 

I think I am probably always dehydrated. I need to drink water. It will be good for me and it will make me eat less is what I hear..soo..

*4) aiming for 4-6 glasses of water to start off with

I have not exercised since october due to not feeling well(gall bladder issues, etc.) besides the occasional walk. I know if I say i am going to run 3 miles every day that is not going to happen...so I am going to start off light...

*5) I hope to do 30 mins. of exercise everyday...whether it be dancing with the kids, going for a walk, exercise video, etc. 

No explanation necessary(I don't think)

*6) I am going to try and get an hour out of the house to myself once a week. 

I grew up where the tv was always on as background noise. I am hooked on the tv being on. The kids and I don't even sit and watch the tv all day..it is just on. I do find that I watch more than I should though because it is on...Also, at Landon's 18 month check up his pediatrician said" remember we don't advise watching any tv yet." ohhh crap. I already knew that but still. 

*7) I am not exactly sure where to start. It's actually embarrassing to say this but this is my goal...let the kids watch their breakfast eating cartoons(an hour?), Let Laila choose 2 other half hour shows to watch during the day(this doesn't mean she actually will watch the whole thing though..she really doesn't stop moving)...I guess I am shooting for 3 hours of tv on time?? When the tv has been on about 18 hours a day this is HUGE. 

4 comments:

B-Handsome said...

I think I can help you with the 30 minutes of exercise.........
By which I mean watch the kids while you go for a walk/run.

kristi said...

I have the same problem with lunch. By the time I get a chance to eat I am starving, so I grab something quick. Usually junk.

Those are great goals. Maybe you can help motivate me!

Shalisa said...

Way to go Liz. Great goals. May not work for you, or might help...but I get my water in by filling a water bottle full. I don't refill it till it's empty, and I drink till I've had at least 60 ounces, 2-3 bottles depending on the bottle.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and had to comment!

I think it's great that you want to make positive changes. The hour to yourself one is great, because when you take time for you, you can give more of yourself to others.

Good luck! It can be hard to stick to it, but it's worth it!