Thursday, March 6, 2008

why do I do it?

I went to Walmart with Landon last night. Laila and Brad were at youth church. I usually don't go there for groceries but I only had a few things to pick up and I wanted to look at their easter stuff for ideas of what to put in the kids' baskets. I was having a good time for awhile looking around at pretty much everything until I started to feel overwhelmed. Walmart always seems so crowded in the evenings and I am tired and I have been dealing with panic attacks lately so I needed to get out of there. I wanted to get out quickly but sadly the lines were long and they didn't have a lot of checkers. I was feeling relieved when I was nearing the exit until suddenly I was setting their alarm off. It has such a soft tone(nice actually) that I almost just kept walking but they stopped me. Now they were going to have to look at everything I bought and check my receipt(great!).  Luckily, the nice lady said it was probably my dvd and we were able to figure out somewhat quickly that it was not on the receipt.  At no time did she make me feel like I was trying to steal it which was nice. She did ask me if I still wanted it though and for a minute I honestly thought she just might let me leave with it because it was their mistake.  Sadly, I had to get back in line to pay for it. I was annoyed but I wanted the dvd so I got back in line. Thinking about it later...if I had just  said never mind and went on my way..that might have made it look like I was stealing it.  By the way.... the movie I had to have was "the break-up" starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. 

1 comment:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I hate wal-mart. we try to avoid whenever possible- sadly it is not always possible to avoid that wretched place.