Sunday, March 30, 2008

the time of my life

Both of my kids are sick right now. Laila started Wednesday night with the stomach cramps and diarrhea and has not let up too much. She had a fever the first two days but luckily that is gone. On Saturday I thought she was getting better so we made it to our appointment at JCPenneys for late Easter pics. Landon was not sick yet but he was terrified of the lady taking the pics and her camera. He cried and tried to run away most of the time. Luckily, by some miracle she was able to get a few good ones but not the best. When I think back now, he may have been starting to get sick then and that is why he was so upset.

So we thought Laila was better because she had no diarrhea all day Saturday so she was able to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa Hansons. I got a call at 2am saying Laila was desparate for her mommy and had been having diarrhea since 10. While on the phone I heard Landon whimpering in the bedroom. Brad's mom was on her way to bring Laila home while I went to check on Landon. I walked in and immediately was overwhelmed by stench. The stench of poo and puke. Landon had thrown up all over his bed and animals and was burning up. I didn't think it was possible for him to be any whiter, but he was. He threw up 4 more times last night, twice on me where I had to change pants and shirt. I got 3 hours of sleep last night. I think Laila and Landon got about the same. They did not fall back asleep until about 7, but for a short time. Landon and Laila were both stuck to me like glue today. They kept fighting for space on my lap. Landon actually put his hand on Laila's head and pushed her off me. This has been a looooonng day.

I am so paranoid about them getting dehyrdated. Neither of them wanted to eat or drink a thing today. I had lots of fun trying to force them. Try is the key word because it really is not possible to force a person to eat or drink. I am thinking I am going to have to take them to the doctor tomorrow. I don't know if I should though because in my experience Pediatrician's and their nurses seem to be of no help. They probably will say do what you are doing and good luck. Me on the other hand cannot stand to see my children like this. When I first saw Landon last night I wanted to call 911. haha. It is such a helpless feeling...I just wanted to cry out someone help them!!! Oh and actually I think I did...I think I cried out Jesus help them!(not really cried out...but silently, I cried out in my head and heart)

Oh and Brad's mom is great. She offered to take a day off work to help me with the kids or take them so i can nap. Of course, me being me..I don't think I could ask her to do that. Well the kids are sleeping so I better rest before they wake up and I have to change some sheets.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Poor kiddos!
Poor Mommy!!
It's spring break...If you need any popsicles brought by Or anything let me know.
(Brad's mom is so great to offer help...)

anita said...

julia said what i was going to suggest...see if they'll eat popsicles

Shalisa said...

Oh, I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Let me know if I can do anything for you. I'll be praying that you don't get sick too.