Saturday, February 9, 2008

23 going on 60???

Check out my new gadget?? For those of you who don't know last July while I was vacationing in Montana I went to the E.R. because I began having constant heart palpitations for several days. I was diagnosed as having PVC's..look it up if you want..I am too tired to explain. They are supposedly "normal" but they thought mine were due to stress. I have been on beta blockers ever since which older people are usually prescribed them for high blood pressure(which mine is fine). They took a couple weeks to take effect but had been working pretty well until a couple weeks ago where I went to the ER again because I was having them again along with feeling like I could not breathe. Drugs to calm me down, Bloodwork, xray, and a cat scan later they sent me home telling me I was having a panic attack. I am now on a bunch of medication to help with my panic/anxiety attacks which seem to be constant....But just to be sure there is nothing else wrong with my heart I am wearing this holter monitor until tomorrow afternoon. Luckily, it is only 48 hrs. I know I have been posting kind of personal things here lately, but I am hoping only people who care will be reading this anways. I am trying to have a sense of humor about my troubles but I could use a lot of prayer.

Laila asked why I had stickers all over me and I told her that momma's heart has been funky lately. Now she keeps coming up to me and asks if my heart is still funky...pretty amusing because she doesn't exactly pronounce it well.

3 comments:

anita said...

Jenny had to wear one of those monitors for a month. She also has heart medicine prescribed which she takes, as needed. She's found that her heart bothers her the most when she's dehydrated...such as when she has the flu. You girls are enough to give a mother gray hair! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Rachel and Tyler said...

I hope you get better soon! And if I remember right you are almost 24 going on 60!!! make you should come on a vacation to see me! that would help you relax!

Water Buffalo said...

Yes I am almost 24..on the 17th. I would love to come out to your area. Especially I would love to see you and have our kids play together:)