Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm exhausted


Landon got out of his crib again this morning only this time he was stuck in between his crib and Laila's bed...so he was screaming. Their room isn't that small but Laila has a day bed, Landon's crib, a bookcase, a play kitchen and a big armoire that holds Laila's clothes. Also, our old mattress is behind Landon's crib so right now his crib and Laila's bed are almost touching.

Since about 11:45 until about 15 minutes ago(it is now 2) I have been in and out of the bedroom putting Landon back in his crib. He keeps jumping into bed with laila...it is quiet for awhile and then I hear giggling. As I type I am hearing noises so I am sure when I walk in they will be playing together. I would take pictures but our camera battery is dead. I would just let them come out because they would normally be up by now. However, then they both are going to be a real treat around 5.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I found a really cute toddler bed online at walmart yesterday for about 70 dollars. It is still more than I want to spend but the cheapest was 2o dollars less and all they had were sponge bob or Diego plastic beds . This is the same time we moved laila into her day bed because Landon was on his way and we wanted to make sure she was doing great in it by the time he was born. This time around we have no one coming so I hate to have to take him out of the crib already. What to do...what to do...

3 comments:

Shalisa said...

I was wondering if you thought getting him a toddler bed would prevent him from getting out? We've always had issues with Maddie getting out of her bed. We deal with it in various ways and varying degrees of success depending on what's up with her at the moment.

My suggestion if it's possible is do what we did at first with Maddie's bed. They say in the instructions for bed rails to NOT do this...but we didn't see how it was dangerous, so we did it anyway. We took the side off the crib and lowered the mattress to the lowest level and bought a bed rail. At Walmart it's about 20 dollars. Much cheaper than the toddler bed...same size as a toddler bed.

Water Buffalo said...

my biggest concern was him hurting himself when he gets out...we lowered it all the way now and he did not get out last night so I think we will be fine.

Julia said...

I love that they play together rather than fuss! so cute.
Have you seen those net/tent things to put over cribs? That may keep him in