Thursday, February 28, 2008

quick update

I figured I better post an update on things since I haven't really seen or talked to anyone in awhile. Surgery went fine I suppose. Due to my random heart issues when I woke up I was having kind of a "freak out". My blood pressure was all over the place along with my heart rate. The nurses kept looking at me funny, like "what is wrong with you" while scratching their chins. I was in recovery a little longer than usual but everything leveled out and I had some great nurses. They kept telling me I was a "problem" patient but that I was doing great. I was told that I would feel awful for about a week after. Honestly, I really only felt pretty bad the first couple days. I have been slowly getting better and didn't even take any medicine yesterday. 

The doctor told me that he hadn't opened my gall bladder to see any stones yet but that there was a lot of scar tissue on it which probably has been making me sick for quite awhile. (yes I knew that!!) Not sure what the correlation is here but I am going to ask at my check up in a week. 

Brad has been amazing with the kids. He pretty much took care of ALL of their needs and mine from Saturday until Tuesday. He still has been doing most of the work but I have been getting up to do a few things now. It has been hard on him this week because both of the kids have colds as well as himself. Unfortunately, I am thinking I am next with this sore throat. 

We took the rail off of Landon's crib and put Laila's railing on it so he can get up and down himself but won't fall out of bed.  Hopefully he will think he is trapped though at night...and hopefully Laila won't fall out of bed.  :)




4 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

i have been wondering how it all went! glad it went good! I wish i was closer i would watch your kids so you could just relax.

anita said...

hope you feel better now!

Julia said...

HEY! I'm so happy you're healing quickly!

Shalisa said...

Glad you are all doing well even with colds. Let me know if I can do anything for you.